Presentation of the Degree
The purpose of the degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering is to obtain, by the student, a training aimed at preparing for professional practice.
The main objective is to train industrial engineers in the field of electronics and automation, providing the student with solid foundations in industrial electronic systems, industrial control and automation systems, and a high practical component.
It also has the objective of promoting the acquisition of skills and aptitudes necessary in a professional who will have to adapt and face problems of a very diverse nature in different sectors of the industrial world and in any type of company or administration.
This approach, based on deep knowledge of the basic phenomena and a high practical component, allows the professional to provide the necessary flexibility and adaptability. It also qualifies you to perform tasks within the scope of the free exercise of the profession, planning, managing and directing projects.
Why do you have to study this degree at EPS?
The general objective of the new bachelor's degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering is to provide adequate training with a European profile and a generalist nature on the theoretical and technical bases and the technologies that enable the exercise of the profession of industrial technical engineer, framed in a capacity of continuous improvement and transmission of knowledge.
From the teaching point of view, it is committed to continuous evaluation, active pedagogical methodologies and professional orientation, at the same time that students start in the professional world. A notable advantage is the coordination of the programs of the different subjects, to guarantee a series of basic knowledge and avoid duplication.
Also, if they decide to continue university education, they will be able to access master's studies. You can enjoy direct access to the Master in Industrial Engineering, which is taught in Lleida.
To implement the Degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering, which is organized in person, the Higher Polytechnic School offers:
- Validation of CFGS to the Degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering.
- Small groups that facilitate interaction with the teachers and a more careful monitoring of the work carried out by the student.
- Continuous evaluation.
- Block curricular qualification of the subjects corresponding to the same academic year Individualized tutorials.
- At EPS each student has a tutor assigned to whom they can address any question related to their studies. Within the Néstor tutoring program, attention mechanisms are established for the student.
- Incorporation of active methodologies Compulsory supervised internships in companies that allow to favor the labor insertion of graduates (75 annual internship offers).
- The possibility of carrying out these practices in the international arena.
- Final Degree Project with tutoring and continuous evaluation.
- The possibility of carrying out the TFG within the framework of the company.
Which Industrial Engineering degree can I choose?
The industrial engineering programmes at the Polytechnic School are designed in order to offer flexibility to students to decide which of the 5 degrees in the industial field they want to enrole:
- Mechanical Engineering (Campus Lleida)
- Industrial and Automatic Electronic Engineering
- Energy Engineering and Sustainability
- Chemical engineering
- Engineering in Industrial Organization and Logistics.
Students willing to enroll in any of these programmes, need to pre-register for a single common entrance for each of the campuses. Thus, the student can choose which of the two campuses he will attend during the first two years, and can change his campus during the 3rd and 4th year, if he wishes (depending on the degree he wants to study). University pre-registration tickets are:
- On the Lleida campus: "Energy and Sustainability Engineering / Engineering in Industrial and Automatic Electronics / Mechanical Engineering (Agrupación) (Lleida)"
- On the Igualada campus: "Chemical Engineering / Engineering in Industrial Organization and Logistics (Grouping) (Igualada)"
Hence, the common core of industrial engineering gives students more time to decide which degree they want to pursue. This decision is postponed until the 3rd year, when the student is well acquainted with the different branches of the industrial field.
Graduates in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering from the Higher Polytechnic School, according to data from the latest survey published on labor insertion in Catalonia by the AQU, 2017 Labor Report of graduates achieve a LABOR INSERTION of 98%
The profession of a graduate in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering qualifies for management, organization and planning positions in different areas. In a more technical order, it allows studies, analysis and designs of technological systems in the fields of electronics and control.
This professional profile can be deployed in professional opportunities:
- Technical and managerial positions in companies within the industrial and services field.
- Technical commercial and management and management positions in all those sectors in which electronic and automatic devices intervene.
- Management, organization, planning, quality and environment in companies related to this type of activity.
- Public administration, teaching and innovation.
- Development of factory automation and control systems, robotic devices and artificial vision systems.
- Design of electronic circuits, home automation systems and design of applications with microchips.
- Studies of renewable energies, sustainability and mediambient.
- Analysis and development of electrical and electronic circuits and industrial control techniques.
- Realization and implementation of projects in the field of industrial informatics, instrumentation and monitoring.
- Design, construction and supervision of control systems, analog electronics, digitali of power.
Double international degrees
Double Degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering & Electrical Engineering
Double Degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering & Enghenaria Elétrica
The Double Degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering & Enghenaria Elétrica with the Brazilian University of Facens was born with the desire to enable students from both universities to obtain a second degree at a foreign university that enables them to face their future challenges with greater guarantees of success. as well as learning a new language such as Portuguese.
Since the double degree is conveyed through the mobility processes offered by the UdL, it is not until the 3rd year of the Degree in Mechanical Engineering that students can access this double degree, which offers the opportunity to study a academic year (10 months or 2 semesters) at the other university and receive, with the same duration as the UdL Degree, also the title of the other institution. In addition, for Brazilian students it means the possibility of accessing Master's studies in Industrial Engineering.
The Facens School of Engineering is located in the city of Sorocaba. The city, founded in 1654, is located 90 km from São Paulo and has 670,000 inhabitants. FACENS is the first higher education institution in the sector founded in Sorocaba and which won the Higher Award in institutional concept from the Ministry of Education in 2018 among other awards other institutions. It has recently become a full-fledged university offering not only engineering studies, but others. FACENS is an entrepreneurial institution with many and diverse laboratories and innovation centers (Smart Campus, LIGA Facens, Ipeas, FabLab ...) oriented to the professional sector and development, but also open to all students who want to participate. We must also highlight the sustainable development objectives involved in all its projects.